below are a few notes, thanks, and lessons learned through this journey from mom. and this represents mom’s blog debut, so without further adieu. . .
My incredible journey…
– Many, many thanks to all my prayer warriors (family, friends, friends of friends and those I’ve never even met face to face)! I have been able to feel the power of prayer cover me (spiritually, emotionally, mentally, and physically) from the time I found out I had cancer. GOD IS AMAZING! He loves us so much and provides for our every need. I felt God capture my emotions and my thoughts, and hold them captive so that I could trust HIM during the waiting time before my surgery and He gave me the peace that passes all understanding. . . praise His wonderful name! (Phillippians 4:6 -7)
– I have also felt very LOVED. The visits, calls, cards, meals, snacks, flowers, scriptures, and times of prayer together really made me realize how awesome my family and friends are! May I always be as good a support to you, as you have been to me….I want “to stand in the gap” with you always! (Phillippians 1:3)
– I know God allowed this journey for many reasons
- To focus more on my Creator and Savior and less on my circumstances. My thoughts the Sunday before my surgery were “God wants me to spend more time with Him.” For he rest of my life….in prayer, in His Word, and with godly friends….
- To show me that He is in control of ALL things… He miraculously let the doctors find this cancer…at a very early stage and provided a very rare pancreatic cancer, that was not even causing symptoms yet….WOW!
- To demonstrate that God is my Healer! I did not know my prognosis as I walked into surgery, but I knew God would be my healer, no matter when or how He did it, I was in HIS HANDS!
- To provide a SPIRITUAL BLESSING – PRAISE GOD FROM WHOM ALL BLESSINGS FLOW! God has renewed my strength and desire to want to live for HIM! All for HIS GLORY! (Isaiah 40: 28 – 31)
- To show others the path to eternal life – If you do not know Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, please don’t delay because none of us know when He will call us home….
With much love and blessings to all!